Sunday 6 March 2016

Mocks, Vision and Mother's Day - 06/03/2016

Dear Blog,

I wear glasses for long distance (short sighted), I have done for about two years now and recently I've noticed my eyesight getting worse again. During my English mock on Thursday I was sat in F10 meaning I was right at the back of the room and when I looked up to see what the End Time was I noticed that I couldn't see it at all. Luckily I could just about make out what the Start Time was so I could work it out but it really made me notice how much worse my vision has got already. I'm over exaggerating of course because although I do wear glasses full time, I'm not that blind in comparison to some people.

I went to the Opticians on Friday and my eyesight has gone down three steps, I don't know what that means exactly, all I know is that I needed new glasses. That's how I spend Saturday - looking in about five or six different opticians/glasses shops until I went to Specsavers (no, I'm not kidding) and found the same pair that I already had. Specsavers have a deal so that you can buy one pair of glasses then either get another pair exactly the same for free, or a pair of prescription sunglasses for free, or a different frame entirely for free. I went for a different frame although it's quite similar. I imagine I'll quite like the reality of being able to choose which glasses I wear on a daily basis.

I mentioned mocks earlier, I had three this week. 1 English and 2 Maths. The first Maths one (non-calculator) went okay I guess. It wasn't great really. English went fine, the extracts we were given were quite good which made the writing easier but then the second Maths (calculator) went really well. There were only a few questions that I couldn't answer and I felt fairly confident about the rest, so that left me in quite a happy mood.

And then we get to Mother's day. It started out great but I had loads of work to do so wasn't spending time with the woman of the hour, turns out neither was the rest of my family so mum got really angry and just went out into town on her own all of a sudden in a huff. She came back about forty minutes later and barely spoke to us all evening... great. I can't imagine things will have changed by the morning either.

Wish me luck, goodnight,
- Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment