Sunday 28 February 2016

Stressed - 28/02/2016

Dear Blog,

Normally I'd say out of all my friends I'm the one who stays calm moments before entering the exam hall and although I'm not walking through those scary doors at the present moment, I find myself (probably) more stressed than I have ever been before.

I've still got 65 days till my first exam (yes I am counting) yet I find myself at this uncomfortable level of stress. Why? Because I've got 10+ things to think about this week and next and last week was probably the worst post half-term week I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing. Almost every day there was something bad happening. For example, the government have now changed the A Level system so that I can only take 3 AS levels instead of 4 which has given me the hard decision of 'which one do I drop?' as I have already picked my 4 and applied to my Sixth Form. I was going to have to make this decision anyway at the end of Year 12 but then I would have had conclusive evidence as to why I should drop a certain subject but since I haven't experienced what my A Level courses are going to be like I have no sound reason to drop any subject more than another. (Although I'm probably going to drop History and considering that I have three hours of History tomorrow (yes THREE) so I imagine my opinions on the subject are going to be pretty negative)

In other news, my form tutor has been off for 5 whole weeks meaning that I don't have anyone who knows me well enough apart from friends and family to advise me on the above decision. Not to mention I think I have mocks next week and I think I've got jabs this half term too but I don't know because I can't ask her because she's been off FOR FIVE BLOODY WEEKS!

As you can see, stress levels are a little on the high side at the moment.

However, there has been a few good things this week. One is that I finally finished a script I was working on for my friend so I've sent that off and all things are good, he likes it and is looking forward to making it if not a bit worried about how he's going to accomplish some of the things in it - I like to give directors a challenge, what can I say? I also discovered that one of my favourite YouTubers is doing her monthly scrapbook this year again which brings me immense joy every month. I didn't think she was doing it again this year but I suddenly found out when watching her friend's January vlog and seeing her vlogging in her own January video ('twas like vlog-ception).

I love watching those videos every month. They restore my faith in humanity and remind me that life isn't all exams and coursework and revision and although some moments are still difficult, the rest will all be fun, something that I will need reminding of after tomorrow (History, Computer Science, Maths, History, History).

Goodnight,
- Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment